Wago box or wago box for lights | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Wago box or wago box for lights in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dgrs

Can anyone tell me the difference between a wago box and a wago box specifically for lighting? I'm assuming one is designed specifically for the lighting style wago connectors (which I've not used) and the other is for the push fit and lever type wago connectors. There's no difference in price.

Furthermore, can anyone explain what is the advantage to using the push fit or lighting style connectors as opposed to the lever style ones? I have used the lever ones and find them fantastic (I'm not experienced so like to know I could rework things if necessary)

Thanks for your help everyone,

dgrs

They do a wago box which is quite a bit smaller than a standard wago box.
Is this the "lighting" box you mention.
If so, the difference in size will mean the smaller can fit through smaller downlight holes in ceilings.

Thanks everyone for the terrific response. Can anyone clarify whether all of the different boxes are made in such a way that all of the different wago connectors slip in nicely and are held in place? I saw a video on youtube of someone using the lever type and they slotted in perfectly to the box - this was what got me interested in them.

dgrs

I have used both and find them easier than the standard junction box. The only problem with the larger box is that all the cables come in at one end which makes it a bit more difficult to make tidy. The MF only applies to use in inaccessible locations.

LINE is currently the only enclosure that can be used with any BS60998 connector. With the others make sure that you only use the connectors specified by the manufacturer - the test labs have many examples where even bs60998 connectors burst into flame if housed incorrectly! E.g. Helicon can not be used with wagobox but are ok with LINE.
The MF marking issue is that WAGO have still not confirmed if their connectors meet the new A1 test requirements.

Reply to Wago box or wago box for lights in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net