Wago ceiling rose spur??? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Wago ceiling rose spur??? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

martysparky

Got some Wago's through the other day.

thought I would try and terminate a loop-in in a Wago box taking a feed out for another light, above ceiling connections?

prob is 4 connections at each connector plus the switch live using 3x 5 lever and 1x 2 lever for s/l.

meaning you can only fit 7levers in each side if the box.

could you do as 1st pick or is that pushing it.
Edit
Would that fail intended use as the termination is not located in the termination block receptacle?

[ElectriciansForums.net] Wago ceiling rose spur???

Yeah the push fit connectors can get much more terminations in housing.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Wago ceiling rose spur???

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loop in, loop out, extra feed , switch live and to accessory( ceiling rose).

the two on the right of second pick are to the light and switch. the other are loop-in / out and extra feed for another light.

but is that not the feed out,,

feed in from last light
feed out to next light
switch line
load

and only a 5th if a fan is involved

feed in from last light
feed out to next light
feed out to new light to be on its own switch (5th cable)
switch line &
load for existing light

Why only 5th if a fan is involved?

Last edited by a moderator:
So those are wago connections :(

I haven't seen or fitted them,but read discussions on here about permanent joints

My opinion of a first glance at those contraptions

No way would I install those things in preference to a soldered or crimped joint

I thought they were some sort of new invention :eek:
They replicate ancient methods outlawed many moons ago and personally i will give them a wide berth
ugh horrible
Dreams may turn to nightmares installing those :)

So those are wago connections :(

I haven't seen or fitted them,but read discussions on here about permanent joints

My opinion of a first glance at those contraptions

No way would I install those things in preference to a soldered or crimped joint

I thought they were some sort of new invention :eek:
They replicate ancient methods outlawed many moons ago and personally i will give them a wide berth
ugh horrible
Dreams may turn to nightmares installing those :)

I understand your point and thats why I put the picks up but doesn't solder melt.

Hi Martysparky,

I can see from you pictures that you are using solid core twin and earth cable.
To get the best possible density of connections you need to use the 773 pushfit terminals (as in your second picture) rather than the 222 which larger and better for connecting flex cables and circuits connecting solid to flex.
Take a look at this pdf document.
http://www.wagobox.com/docs/files/iPCC_Applications.pdf
This document has a good selection of possible circuit configurations that can be achieved.

If I understand your scenario correctly this:
http://www.wagobox.com/docs/files/Light_Switch.pdf
is close to what you are trying to achieve except you would like to get another spur from the supply.
If you change the 4 way earth terminal for a 6 way terminal then this should give you what you need to connect an extra supply cable.

Technically I can't think of a reason why you couldn't put the terminals in the void if you wanted, it is quite usual for these terminals to be installed that way in other junction boxes. As long as care is taken not to stress the conductors by forcing the terminal block into the wagobox then that should be fine... Though I would advise doing with the 773's as it's a much neater solution.

Hope this helps.

Ray Brewer
Moderators I hope that responding to this message to provide some technical support is ok. (The links are not sales related)

I have also had to place a connector in the 'cable space'. I find that when I use heat resistant flex to conenct to a downlighter I am forced to use the larger lever connectors because i then have an earth, neutral and live of flex. Cant have it all.

Hi Martysparky,

I can see from you pictures that you are using solid core twin and earth cable.
To get the best possible density of connections you need to use the 773 pushfit terminals (as in your second picture) rather than the 222 which larger and better for connecting flex cables and circuits connecting solid to flex.
Take a look at this pdf document.
http://www.wagobox.com/docs/files/iPCC_Applications.pdf
This document has a good selection of possible circuit configurations that can be achieved.

If I understand your scenario correctly this:
http://www.wagobox.com/docs/files/Light_Switch.pdf
is close to what you are trying to achieve except you would like to get another spur from the supply.
If you change the 4 way earth terminal for a 6 way terminal then this should give you what you need to connect an extra supply cable.

Technically I can't think of a reason why you couldn't put the terminals in the void if you wanted, it is quite usual for these terminals to be installed that way in other junction boxes. As long as care is taken not to stress the conductors by forcing the terminal block into the wagobox then that should be fine... Though I would advise doing with the 773's as it's a much neater solution.

Hope this helps.

Ray Brewer
Moderators I hope that responding to this message to provide some technical support is ok. (The links are not sales related)

Thank you for your post and guidance, it clears the doubt I had raised and gives confirmation.

regards.

Reply to Wago ceiling rose spur??? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net