Wago Connectors | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Wago Connectors in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Never used or really seen these before, but today I remembered how much I hate chocolate block connectors.
Are they quicker/easier to use?
Do they need an enclosure to be put in?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Yes - they are a breeze to use, I love them!

And yes, they must be in an enclosure and the cables must be suitably restrained within the enclosure. There are some fancy little boxes made by Wago which are small enough to fit through 60mm holes for downlighters etc - but if you use these make sure you cut the cable lengths accurately as its hard to get the lid on if there's any excess cable.

Yes, quite easily, especially if you bend the wires to use all the space available - i.e. L + N at one end then CPC and SL at the other end. - assuming you are dealing with 1.5/1.0 lighting circuits. The bigger ones for larger cable/higher currents you wont get into a choc box

Last edited by a moderator:
I have recently installed some downlights in my new house and wired some with wagos in wago junction boxes and some with standard ashley 501 junction boxes. It was much quicker using wagos. The lever operated wagos are also great for temporary connections.

Reply to Wago Connectors in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

The repair kit is actually sold by WAGO for that specific purpose (in the wall repair). I had wondered myself about shrinking individually first...
Replies
Views
Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I already have a good number of the 32A single gang connectors so I'll be using those on each individual wire...
Replies
Views
I should maybe have said I don't plan on undoing push-fit connectors, otherwise I would use leaver ones. But from time to time you have a WTF...
Replies
Views
As long as you strip the wires to the right length, they are clean, and you give a bit of a "tug test" in the Wago to make sure they are seated...
Replies
Views
I've made the required tweaks on the junction box with a 4mm hole bottom, upturned wagos and reduced the exposed copper. I did originally install...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks