Water Pipe Earthing Help | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Water Pipe Earthing Help in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

easysushi

Gents,

Got a slight problem with a CU install.

The incoming water pipe is sunk into the wall, so I am unable to get to the pipe to put earth clamp and run 10mm earth to MET. The pipe does go to the kitchen sink and to the combi boilier next to the kitchen sink but the CU is on the other side of the house. I have bonded the gas to the MET which under the CU

What do I do abou the water ?

Cheers

Ty

Had same problem as you 2 weeks ago,so had to bond at closest to cu,which happened to be cold main to boiler,no where else to go with it,just put down on eic where it was and why could not be done at incoming pipe,regs say where reasonably practicable,if it can be done we do it to regs,for all other circumstances,as close as possible,a main bond is better than no bond,its not always possible,i did see a thread on here i think where someone had completely tiled over a gas meter.

Had same problem as you 2 weeks ago,so had to bond at closest to cu,which happened to be cold main to boiler,no where else to go with it,just put down on eic where it was and why could not be done at incoming pipe,regs say where reasonably practicable,if it can be done we do it to regs,for all other circumstances,as close as possible,a main bond is better than no bond,its not always possible,i did see a thread on here i think where someone had completely tiled over a gas meter.

Problem is I can't get back to the met for the water becasue it is on the other side on the house, con create floor, with wood flooring on top on that. Can't go round the house as it is semi detached halls ajoining.

Please don't treat this as gospel . Main bonds have to be unbroken but to make one 10mm into 2, a crimp connection should be adequate as disconnecting the gas (to remove the boiler for example) wont affect the water bond or the other way round. Please check this as it's just a thought.

Reply to Water Pipe Earthing Help in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net