Currently reading:
What is the best way to get the Solar panels onto the roof?

Discuss What is the best way to get the Solar panels onto the roof? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have used a Jin Wheel, rope and slings, though i have seen special black canvas bags, but not able to find a supplier, maybe some one will come up with an answer here!!!!

8mm MDF, 1.1mts wide, 1.8mts high. Side timbers around bottom and both sides, 34mm (Ish) Bottom L shaped timber to stop panel sliding out. Rear cross bracing. Nylon rope to form A frame lifting point. Bunggie or ratchets strap to top of panel/board.

Approximat weight 40Kg!!!

Now to:

Screwfix....Automotive section.....£89.00, 230V electric winch! Lifts 125kg with no pulley or 250kg with pulley, 5 or 10mt line. (or something close to that) Ideal for a house roof and saves the back. Panel is protected by MDF and a guide rope to the bottom for banks man at the bottom of scaffold. Worked a treat. Our scaffolder donated a pole (just don't tell him!) and we then made a arm to come off the top of a pole on the highest lift so it over hangs scaffold by around 600mm.

For Bungalows....We just pass them up by hand.

We just stand at ground level, holding a panel high in the air and wait for the wind to catch us. With a bit of skill and practice we are able to steer quite well. We are now managing to land on the correct roof 80%+ of the time and cause minimal damage.

When we're not doing that, we use a rope and slings. Not terribly elegant, but we've not dropped one yet!....

We just stand at ground level, holding a panel high in the air and wait for the wind to catch us. With a bit of skill and practice we are able to steer quite well. We are now managing to land on the correct roof 80%+ of the time and cause minimal damage.

When we're not doing that, we use a rope and slings. Not terribly elegant, but we've not dropped one yet!....

You can't beat the hold on and hope approach.

Think we'll give it a go by putting them in the air and waiting for the wind! Hope we don't go through too many panels getting them up there lol.
Slings and rope it'll be to start with.

Thanks for the tips everyone.

I use the strong hooks taken from bungee cords, tie a good quality rope to them, insert the hooks into the holes on the sides of the panels and pull them up with a pulley.

The Pafbag looks like a good investment!

Yes for sure, pictures of the solar panel lifting and carrying bag are due soon.

My design (version 2) is on it's way by courier, so I am waiting for a sunny day some time after that and nipping out to one of the installations to get some pictures.

I would love feedback from you guys as well as offering a cheaper deal for you in return for "working" feedback and reviews.

Many thanks for replying "Mr Biggs of the solar fraternity". I have a few interests in solar, as well as our Eco Farm, so if I can show you some more developments here on the forum as they are released this would be great.

"P"

Reply to What is the best way to get the Solar panels onto the roof? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock