What is this?what is this. I marked it with a red circle in the pictures. | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss What is this?what is this. I marked it with a red circle in the pictures. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
[ElectriciansForums.net] What is this?what is this.  I marked it with a red circle in the pictures.

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] What is this?what is this.  I marked it with a red circle in the pictures.
    IMG_20221218_212020.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 45
A call to your energy supplier because you knocked the lid off the meter with the broom would be a good place to start.

one cable came out several times and I tried to tighten it. what is going to happen now
Probably nothing, or else they might send someone round to check against electricity theft.

That cable is a very dangerous thing to be messing with, there is no isolation available at that point, and a misplaced screwdriver can lead to a large arc and serious risk of burns.

To me, it still looks like there’s a transparent shield over the connections and a seal still in place… although I might be wrong. I don’t open meters to be that familiar with them.

Also, is that a smart meter that informs the DNO, or just a digital display

The question is, did you have to cut a seal to get the cover off? As that will be deemed as tampering.

If you say it was loose, sparking, etc… say you were worried it would start a fire and couldn’t wait for an engineer.
They might just give you a warning.

Reply to What is this?what is this. I marked it with a red circle in the pictures. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net