What KVA for a Motor Garage | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss What KVA for a Motor Garage in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pazza

My Client has been asked by the electrical supplier (Eon) how much KVA he will need as the are changing the single phase meter to 3-phase as he is having about 2 ramps installed.
How much do you think?

Cheers

You need to assess the requirement of the whole installation, not just these two new proposed ramps. You also need to ask your client if they have any further ongoing short or long term plans for other high to moderate load equipment...

Generally the DNOs have set levels of KVA that they will supply for small to medium commercial premises, each has a different billing standing charge, but i can't for the life of me remember them off hand... lol!!!

yer i have added the ramps which are max at 20 amps each then he is planing to have a tyre remover machine which is 10 amp which equals to about 50A give or take then for lighting sockets ect and if there is anything else installed in the future i have just gone for 100A which is 72Kva to be sure.

hi all

if you can keep it at 70 kva or under you will be on kwh metering, above 70 you go on to ct metering which will cost you more per unit when being charged for usage. also be carefull not to over size the demand because you may have to upgrade the transformer....which wont be cheap! hope this makes sense...

regards
gary

Reply to What KVA for a Motor Garage in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Sounds more positive.
Replies
Views
  • Question
That looks like a Metrel display (I have one), they have a permanent 3 wire display that measures the three combinations so I would say that’s a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There CT stands for current transformer. Basically for meters up to around 100A they are usually directly connected, i.e. the current passes...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Suggest shop around, business tariffs went mental at the peak of the fuel crisis, hopefully they have settled down. At 180KVA as your max demand...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I agree, it is a bit unfair when they change the rules. however, as a nation out usage patterns are changing and the most cost effective tariffs...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks