What options are open to me? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss What options are open to me? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

alannotts

I have recently purchased 2 self contained flats above a double shop which would have been part of the shop at some point.
The Electric at present is supplied by the shop free of charge and very soon will be disconected to the flats. I have had a quote from Eon for a new conection of $2.5k per unit. The distance from supply to meter is 6 meters. Is the quote reasonable?
Could I sub meter from the shop below? What options are available to me?
Thank You in advance.

Without knowing the network specifics it's hard to know where they get their figures from but you may be able to argue them down, I don't think the prices are set in stone. As for subbing from the shop below that would be a matter for the shop owner to agree and to be honest if I was him I wouldn't do it. To much risk of getting a huge lecky bill and no-one paying up. Thats aside from the demand bing placed n his supply.

I'd bite the bullet, get the meters etc installed seperately for each flat - it may cost upfront but think about the hassle of dealing with the shop owners and paying them .... and what would happen if you paid the shop and the shop didn't pay the bill ..... and you've got tennents...... ????????

Am I missing something here? Why can't we tail off the incomer before the shops meter to the two flats and then have the DNO install a meter into each? Cheaper than £5k for 6 meters of cable.

Reply to What options are open to me? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net