what part P | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss what part P in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

holte end74

Can any1 help, im thinking about setting up on my own, i know i must be mad in the current climate but im on short time and things are not looking good where im working so i want to get things moving.
im looking to do a bit of domestic and some light commercial what would be the best part P scheme for a start up company , i've been on the net today looking at the nic,napit and elecsa sites but couldnt decide which one would be best, what are the pro's and cons? cheers for the help.

Horses for courses really...

The NIC are the most established of the three - for what that`s worth - & many are happy with them.

Lots regard NAPIT as better

Personally i rate Elecsa. Others will disagree.

But for start-up company`s, i`d have thought you`ll probably feel most comfortable with Elecsa.

My penny`sworth anyway

Beware with NICEIC for £425.00 you become a "Domestic Installer" and can issue a part P electrical installation certificate but if you want to issue "Periodic" reports for landlords etc they ask you for another £330.00 a year to become an approved contractor

I got caught out with NICEIC, next year I will probably switch to one of the other schemes who are all cheaper and once registered you can issue all certificates - check this just before registering though

Reply to what part P in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net