What qualifications for commercial work? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss What qualifications for commercial work? in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, I am wanting to start light commercial work. I am having trouble finding out what qualifications I would need over domestic work. None?

Light commercial work is not too different to domestic. Then again it all depends on what Your are calling ''Light commercial work''??

So what qualifications do you hold at the moment??

Single Phase electrics, appliance repair etc.
No qualifications at the moment!
Although I am doing 17th Wiring Regulations, 2391-10, 2391-20.

Hi, I am wanting to start light commercial work. I am having trouble finding out what qualifications I would need over domestic work. None?

You need to be competent to work on whatever system you propose to work on.

A chap that's only ever seen a domestic consumer unit might not be competent to start designing and installing a 3-phase commercial office installation.

why not get a start on a site and get some experience,before jumping in to something you are not wised up on,I WOULD NEVER do domestic cos i have had so little experience,my apprenticeship was airfields,colleges (new build ) hospitals etc

Reply to What qualifications for commercial work? in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, We're looking for an experienced electrician based around the Surrey area. Carrying out various works mainly in the commercial sector -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just to add, on a more positive note, if you’ve got your heart set on broadening your horizons and opportunity by going overseas then absolutely...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Very true. Obviously not a hard and fast rule, but a lot of very capable electricians aren't exactly mathematicians. One of the best installation...
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N
Where are you based and what countries? I know a training provider in london that is Australian and deals with a lot of sparks going to and...
Replies
Views
Cbelectrics
C
  • Question
I think like many over place's around the world you can only emigrate if you have a job offer already or the sector you work in is in great...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks