What suppliers do you use? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss What suppliers do you use? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Martin Dawes

Hello people, I'm new to the forum (I've been looking for a forum to chat about PV systems for weeks).

Preparing to install my first PV system on my own house having gone through NICEIC training last week (not impressed!).

I'm looking for a bit of advice with regards to a supplier. I am coming accross wildly different prices for different planels from my enquiries on the internet and I'm not yet clued up enough to work out exactly why.

What suppliers do you guys use? I need someone cheap (obviously) and with technical help when needed.

Thanks in advance.

We are new to the business too. Marlec do a fully comprehensive kit that was at a trade fair last week, I don't know how this compares, they are also available thru wholesalers WF and Paragon Rexel I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
are you mcs accredited? if your not accredited and you dont use mcs accredited products you wont gain the feed in tarriffs

Martin, who are you doing your MCS scheme with? The NICEIC have said i can't use my own property.

Rubbish. We used two of our own properties as when we did it as we needed two installations to show. Speak to Gordon Ramsay (Not the chef!) He over sees MCS for NICEIC.

Shaun Harrison is the guy I dealt with at the NICEIC, I remember him saying to me you will probably have to do a free/cost install or put it on your own house for the test install, i actaully did the cost only option as my house isent suitable, incidently he said 1kw is the smallest system you could use as a test install.

"incidently he said 1kw is the smallest system you could use as a test install. "

This is news to me also. I've told a friend of mine that this didn't matter. I'll give them a ring today and try and get some answers.

Shaun Harrison is the guy I dealt with at the NICEIC, I remember him saying to me you will probably have to do a free/cost install or put it on your own house for the test install, i actaully did the cost only option as my house isent suitable, incidently he said 1kw is the smallest system you could use as a test install.

Typical NICEIC can't make their mind up. From experience we were assessed against a 540wt system. Three panels. When we first applied we were told any size any property as long as we had two installations. I know this is down to one now as when our inspection took place it had been amended within the prior week or two. I have heard that Napit will accept one panel but don't take my word for it it's just what I've heard.

Im doing my assessment with Elecsa/ECA they said that we could do the installation on our house and the system had to be at least 0.5KWP so we installed a 0.55KWP system.The installation went well,just got to get the quality management system finished.

Reply to What suppliers do you use? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net