Whats the MFT to Buy | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Whats the MFT to Buy in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Dazzol2009

I am going to invest in a MFT this year, just started looking on whats out there, my first impression is the Megger MFT 1553, what does everyone else think, all suggestion welcome.

Go for a Di-log make mate. they are the easiest to use and have all the function you need on there. i have one and swear by them. Megger and Robin and Fluke alike you are just paying for the name

I have always used fluke products and have always been very happy with them. I find them very easy to use. But then again I have not had a great deal of experience with Megger since college. I suppose it is like a lot of things, it just comes down to personal preference. If you are on good terms with your wholesaler they would probably let you borrow a couple for a job to see which one you prefer.

Hi
I've had a 1553 for over a year now and would say it's a quality instrument. It can be a bit slow and it does get through the batteries but but apart from that it's pretty good. However, I think in certain situations it's scale can be limited, I tried to take a pfc on an industrial site that was very close to sub-station and the reading was too high for the meter too register, it just said >16kA or something like that. Also I think accuracy of loop testing is greatly reduced near sub-station transformers, although this often isn't a problem with domestic testing and the like.

It may not be the best or newest in the market now but I have a MTF 1502/2 It was only around £100 used with cal
It does not have a auto rcd trip that the 1552/1553 has but its been a good peice of kit for the last few years

I've had a Megger 1552 for about 6 months now - brilliant piece of kit, easier to use than the Fluke range. I think with Fluke your paying for the name. And Megger is made in the UK so even better...!

Only thing I can't do with the Megger is phase rotation - which a guy I know can do on his Fluke.

Check Electrical and Security Wholesalers | - I got a great deal on there with mine. Cheapest brand new price I found.

Thanks for all the reply's guys, I am definatly heading towards Megger 1552/1553, I have used one in past and a lot of people seem to be happy using them, what I need now is a place where I can get a good deal, best price so far is £569 delivered that is for a 1552.

Definately go for the megger been using the 1553 for a while now. It's easy to use and very robust. I have also full powersuite software so generate cert, bluetooth readings from MFT and print. I have used many different makes of meter over the years as i test full time but i find megger the best.

I bought a Megger MFT 1502 back in summer 2005 and it's still going strong. It's been back to get fixed after it had a big drop (after many many smaller drops) but good as new now. They put a complete new outer shell on it and gave me all new leads, calibrated it (did cost about 300 for that though!)

I've never really got on with other makes, Robins are crap, Fluke wasn't what I expected either. When this one packs up I'll definetly get a Megger again.

Reply to Whats the MFT to Buy in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar threads

Hi Richard Thanks for the reply, it won’t function as it will with the MFT1741+ but will I be able to use the MFT 1721 and perform all the...
Replies
Views
Hi I thought it was with amendment 2? Haven’t double checked.
Replies
Views

Recommended Sponsor News

Exclusive Forum Offer! Free euro 2024 wall chart for first 10 responses!

Hi everyone,

We have 10 exclusive Uheat EURO 2024 Wallcharts to giveaway for Electricians Forum Members! The first 10 people to reply YES to this thread - I will message and get them sent out to you just in time for this years tournament! GO GO GO

Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net

I am sure you will join me in welcoming our newest sponsors of ElectriciansForums.net - Quickwire! They have decided to join us after seeing you guys discussing their products here. Now we have an expert on board that you can chat to @Quickwire-Sam who will be happy to answer your queries!

[ElectriciansForums.net] Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net

@Quickwire-Sam said "At Quickwire, we're all about speed, safety, and reliability. We're a family-run business, and every Quickwire connector is proudly made right here in the UK, ensuring noticeable quality. In short, Quickwire is the fastest connection method on the market. Whether you're an experienced electrician or a DIY enthusiast, Quickwire makes electrical connections ridiculously quick and easy. We're passionate about blending British craftsmanship with innovation. If you have any questions or if there's any way we can help, please just ask me!"

PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

I hope you will all join me in welcoming our newest sponsor to the forum PCBWay! You can contact their friendly people by sending a message to @PCBWay who will be happy to answer your queries.

Welcome to the community and thanks for your sponsorship!

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

PCBWay provides services including PCB Prototype and batch Production, PCB Assembly (SMT), 3D Printing, CNC Machining, PCB Design, Electronics Modules Selling, etc. We are committed to meeting the needs of global makers from different industries in terms of quality, delivery, cost-effectiveness, and any other demanding requests in electronics.

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

Search Electricans Forums by Tags

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back