When do I Use F/BIL ? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss When do I Use F/BIL ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F= force in newtons B is tesla the density of the magnetic field I is current flowing in the conductor and L is lengthof the conductor in the magnetic field in metres
F= B x I x L

its for calculating force on a conductor
the force that moves the current carrying conductor that is placed in a magnetic field depends upon the strength of the magnetic flux density ( B ) the magnitude of the current flowing in the conductor ( I ) and the length of the conductor in the magnetic field
or transpose to find B = F / I x L
or transpose to find L = F /B x I
to do with electromagnetism

flemings left hand rule and all that lol

Last edited:

Reply to When do I Use F/BIL ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a question i hope someone can just give me a little clarification on . When carrying out preliminary cable design for a given circuit we...
Replies
Views
A
  • Article
F&e tank vent pipe pouring hot water Hi all I have an oil fired heating system open vent with an f&e tank we had some problems with air...
Replies
Views
Andymav
A
As long as the heat input is greater than the heat losses from the container and the resistance is sufficient to limit the current to no more than...
Replies
Views
davesparks
D
  • Question
What kind of a socket? 13A, 16/32A commando, etc? Single socket on a radial, or multiple sockets off the same circuit?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just to close this thread off -- the F Crimp Plug for CT167 above works for a stranded conductor RG11 A/U cable. Mounting is a bit of a pig as the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks