when i waved my wand | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss when i waved my wand in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

VoltzElectrical

-
Nearly Esteemed
Reaction score
[ElectriciansForums.net] when i waved my wand[ElectriciansForums.net] when i waved my wand

Before and after...

i waved my magic wand!

thats a super job voltz, well done

Cheers mate, the tricky part was digging all the pitch out of the service head (live) to get the main fuse back in, that took me 15 minutes to remove, then clean up the contacts with a file, fit a new fuse and lubricate with Prysmian Electrical Compound. Thank goodness for electrical gloves and insulated tools!

This is Local Authority, AKA 'Council' work. 'Money' is a swear word!

I do the best I can within the boundaries that I work within.

I just thought you'd all like to see a little of what I do, out of common interest. If you look, you'll see these funny little 'boxes' that we call feeder pillars dotted all around the street lighting system. Sometimes you'll find what I found, Sometime you'll find what I left behind!

xx

no MET ?
;-)

What you can't see Biff is all the lead sheaths are linked together with large stranded unsheathed cable that goes to a large stud on the panel some 10 inches below ground level. Bitch to get to. That Aluminium outgoing cable is connected to that, and so is the earth to the KMF. The lead sheaths themselves are earthed by the DNO.

Hope that clears thing up for you my Dear.

x

Reminds me of the cabinets my local council uses for their pay & display parking meters, a lot of them are rotten old boxes with no seal at all, they don't seem to care. I'm sure they'd care if the power went down to the machines and they could no longer fleece the motorist!

just 1 little niggle, that gn/y middle left of the pic could do with dressing a bit neater.

i noticed that in the photo too. Might do it next time I'm out there. @Keniff, each outgoing cable goes directly to a series of streetlighting columns. It's a three core cable with two lines and a neutral. Every other column is terminated on one of the two lines. The idea is if one core goes down, then every other column will be on.

Reply to when i waved my wand in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net