where to buy lamp posts | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss where to buy lamp posts in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

adamh

as above i've a job to quote and have no idea how much a lamp post costs. its the conical type approx 8m in height. anybody know where i could get a price on 1? im located in manchester.

Whitecroft Lighting, they do street lights.......there's ones with a hinge that lowers to the ground to change the lamps/bulbs without a cherry picker .....

need to price setting into the ground, armour cable and plastic flexy drain type ducting as well, also terminal box for connecting and the fuse as well....how many is it for? I will do a bit of looking about tomorrow during the day and will check back in late in the afternoon with what I find, knowing how many and how far from supply building, as well as the required switch -on set up would help a bit.....then I can write up a list of what you need and where to get it from.....

You would need to know the head and wind loadings so the right type / strength of column can be selected for the application

thanks for the replys it was just for 1 that had been vandalised and snapped so no calculations to do as a like for like swap but i have also quoted to install 6 including groundworks etc.. i wonder if i am anywhere near on price? i suppose time will tell... slightly off topic but my dad used to work at whitecroft never thought of them.

8m columns? have fun installing them..... we tend to sub out anything bigger than 6m as they get too heavy to lift into place....

If you come to fit them by hand put a plank in the back of the hole for it to slide down against,we used to do poles that way at BT,did a lighting column that way last year after the chap spent ages trying to work out how to lift it.By the time he,d finished mucking about 3 of us had it up.

Reply to where to buy lamp posts in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar threads

Flange and nuts in the same sentence. Jeez I really must start acting my age.
Replies
Views
  • Question
By the looks of it the whole head comes off in one unit, guess it has a driver inside of it. Ive tried to Google the Image i have, one comes up...
Replies
Views

Recommended Sponsor News

Exclusive Forum Offer! Free euro 2024 wall chart for first 10 responses!

Hi everyone,

We have 10 exclusive Uheat EURO 2024 Wallcharts to giveaway for Electricians Forum Members! The first 10 people to reply YES to this thread - I will message and get them sent out to you just in time for this years tournament! GO GO GO

Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net

I am sure you will join me in welcoming our newest sponsors of ElectriciansForums.net - Quickwire! They have decided to join us after seeing you guys discussing their products here. Now we have an expert on board that you can chat to @Quickwire-Sam who will be happy to answer your queries!

[ElectriciansForums.net] Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net

@Quickwire-Sam said "At Quickwire, we're all about speed, safety, and reliability. We're a family-run business, and every Quickwire connector is proudly made right here in the UK, ensuring noticeable quality. In short, Quickwire is the fastest connection method on the market. Whether you're an experienced electrician or a DIY enthusiast, Quickwire makes electrical connections ridiculously quick and easy. We're passionate about blending British craftsmanship with innovation. If you have any questions or if there's any way we can help, please just ask me!"

PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

I hope you will all join me in welcoming our newest sponsor to the forum PCBWay! You can contact their friendly people by sending a message to @PCBWay who will be happy to answer your queries.

Welcome to the community and thanks for your sponsorship!

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

PCBWay provides services including PCB Prototype and batch Production, PCB Assembly (SMT), 3D Printing, CNC Machining, PCB Design, Electronics Modules Selling, etc. We are committed to meeting the needs of global makers from different industries in terms of quality, delivery, cost-effectiveness, and any other demanding requests in electronics.

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

Search Electricans Forums by Tags

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back