Wierdest/daftest request | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Wierdest/daftest request in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Guest111

Hi everyone,with some of the very interesting posts I,ve read recently I thought I would throw this in.
What is the oddest thing you have been asked to do and did you?
Starter.several years ago I was asked to install 2 brass wall lights either side of a mirror over a washbasin in a bathroom bog standard 240 lights,when I told customer it was not allowed she looked at me and said well they had them in the showroom,I enquired as to wether there was water in the taps and she told me not to be silly as it was a display,so after explaining everything I told her it was a straight choice working lights with no water or water with no lights,"oh they didn,t tell me that in the showroom" was her reply.
so come on whats yours?

Single...past her best....lady of a certain age asked me to install an extra socket in her bedroom,when I enquired what it was for she replied with a totally srtraight face..."battery charger"......I had to resist the temptation to suggest a 32a 3 phase battery charger point.

"Can you put a light switch in my sons bedroom just above the skirting board?"

The child had built a bed/den in the bay window and he asked for a switch so he didn't have to get out of bed to turn it off. A little bit strange and it looked wierd having a switch at socket height but its not a bad idea really.

Last edited:
daftest i ever came across was an elderly couple having a rewire. " can you refit the existing sockets. we don't want to have to change all our plug tops". sockets were 15A round pin.

Single...past her best....lady of a certain age asked me to install an extra socket in her bedroom,when I enquired what it was for she replied with a totally srtraight face..."battery charger"......I had to resist the temptation to suggest a 32a 3 phase battery charger point.
So your the guy who fitted that in my exs house :p

Reply to Wierdest/daftest request in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net