Wiring a second zone to combi boiler, | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Wiring a second zone to combi boiler, in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

foxy1609

Hi,

My first post, well what's to come?

Need you guys help please.

Client want a second zone adding to a glow worm combi, plumber has fitted both 2 port honeywell valves and a heatmiser stat for the UFH

What weve got,

Honeywell CM901stat controlling existing radiators in bungalow
Glow worm Combi CXI30
Heatmiser Setback programmable stat
2 x honeywell 2 port valves
Additional pump pack for UFH

Advice on wiring this lot up would be greatly welcomed.

Best,

Martin

Just to clarify your requirements...
Zone 1- existing rads
Zone 2- new UHF system

What programmer currently operates the heating.?
howmany zones are on the UHF.?

Hi bigspark

Z1 Existing rads on CM901
Z2 New UFH on heatmiser,

only the one additional zone, its just for one room extension.

Best, M

Not fairmiliar with gloworm.. Does the system currently have a wiring centre or do you have the cm901 flexed into the boiler via flex outlet locally (as I suspect) into the LS -LR connections.?

Is it glow worm that have that weird module set up, where it needs a mother control unit to operate 3 port valve etc, it communicates via a low voltage can bus system? I'm sure it was one of these I got caught out on once. Sorted it out ok but couldn't do it the conventional way.

youll need to include a W/C(wiring centre) now in your dedign, the cm901 roomstat will need to be routed to the W/C along with the 2x 2port valves a suitable cable to the ufh manifold box a twin channel programmer will need to be included, 1-ufh, 2-rads , you will need to wire the set back stat to the manifoldbox and the additional pump will connect to the maniflod box also ( if it is purely for the ufh) , obviously a return leg to the boiler to operate the boiler from the orange return of the valve. also ull need to check the supplemantary bonding with new pipework. buy a decent W/C and youll get a wiring connection illustation on the inside cover. froststat you could suggest to customer.?

personally the customer may have been better opting for an electric ufh system as it was 1 room.. but thats beside the point i know :).. plumbers not explaining how much electrical work involved with the adding one zone.!

Reply to Wiring a second zone to combi boiler, in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net