Wiring Ecodan ASHP control unit to Polypipe UFH | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Wiring Ecodan ASHP control unit to Polypipe UFH in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

damosas

Hi All, firstly i apologise for the length of this message but i am going round in circles with polypipe and Ice Energy.

I've just had the second fix completed on my self build and am concerned re the wiring set up with my polypipe UFH and my 14KW mitsibushi Ecodan ASHP provided by Ice Energy.

My lecky wired up the UFH as per polypipes schematics and when we connected up the ASHP none of the UFH would fire. I have three manifolds in the house 1x9 port and 2x 7 ports. Also have a 300litre tank for hot water all controlled by the ASHP. The ASHP has been supplied and now commissioned by Ice Energy however the issue i have is that when i purchased the UFH each manifold came with a single room master control and as i have mutiple rooms/zones for each manifold they also supplied a slave box that attaches to the masters. Each mater has LEDS for 'Power, pump, boiler etc, however the Ice Energy chap has told my lecky to disconnect the masters on the UFH and wire them directly back to the control unit that comes with the Mitsibusihi ASHP, which admittedly appears to fire however as you can imagine polypipe weren't happy.

My question is, has anyone come across this problem and do i need to be concerned and if so what do i need to do. Many thanks to you all

Also the control unit for the mitsibushi has only 3 zone ouputs and thus have had to piggy bag two of the manilfolds to one zone. additionally each room has its own wall mounted thermostat and i also have 2 x 2 channel honeywell timers. (Timer one - first channel does the hot water immersion backup and second channel doe the hot water circulating system - Timer two - first channel does the upstairs manifold and the second channel does the down stairs manifolds)

Not completely familiar with the system but generally UFH comes with a manifold, two port valve and pump. This is discreet to the zones and controlled by the connected stats. A 'fire wire' is taken from the UFH cotrol box to the boiler or in your case Air source. I would think that the 'fire wire' needs to be taken to the valve controlling which ever zone that manifold is on, this will open the valve and fire the air source. This is one of those ones where you need to be there.

Not completely familiar with the system but generally UFH comes with a manifold, two port valve and pump. This is discreet to the zones and controlled by the connected stats. A 'fire wire' is taken from the UFH cotrol box to the boiler or in your case Air source. I would think that the 'fire wire' needs to be taken to the valve controlling which ever zone that manifold is on, this will open the valve and fire the air source. This is one of those ones where you need to be there.

Cheers Truckster, we sent the switch wires back but it still didn't fire, and thats why ice came out and told us to remove the connections to the master controls on the ufh. Am presently awaiting both companies tom come back to meet on site.

Let us now the outcome, never too old to learn :D

All - after numerous calls to both polypipe and Ice it has now been established that the polypipe manifolds should not have been by-passed and the potential reason for this is that we need a buffer tank, have to admit still abit sceptical but will keep you posted on progress.

Reply to Wiring Ecodan ASHP control unit to Polypipe UFH in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net