Wish I’d seen this | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Wish I’d seen this in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Knobhead

A few years back I designed a control panel for a set of railway points, the old panel had literally fallen apart. It’s worked perfectly for years until the other day. As the loco approaches the points the driver can change the points if he wants by hitting a single 4” dia PB mounted on a 8’ high pole as he passes.

So apparently along comes the loco pushing a truck, he hits the button so hard it jammed in. As I designed it the signal lights go out until the new road is set. The points are happily changing left and then right and so on. The fact that no clear road is shown, does that stop our intrepid driver, like hell it does!
So the first axel of the truck goes left the second right, then the loco goes left. At this point the driver stops the loco.

I’ve just e-mailed a mod to the panel to stop it happening again. But I wish I’d been there to see it!

Reply to Wish I’d seen this in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
And here is the said schematic. This is the speed control section, showing the converter, drive motor, magnetic amplifier and related components...
    • Informative
Replies
Views
I hear many views of people who believe that DPF's and CDPF's fitted to their vehicles are a problem and many people resort to removing them, or...
Replies
Views
Bump- Its a very basic old alarm panel, its from the era when the bell tamper is shared with the global, tamper & case tamper. (negtive loop)...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
.....Right.....firstly,the obvious. You have not only left it quite late,to design and fit the desired equipment,you have also left it last. Some...
Replies
Views
K
The problem was mate that the whole contact assembly behind the switch came away from the front mushroom button, so the wires were still...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks