Worcester greenstar combi problem plumbing advice | on ElectriciansForums
  • Thread starter Happyharry
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 164

Discuss Worcester greenstar combi problem plumbing advice in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

Worcester greenstar combi problem Hi this is my first post so please be gentle.
I have a Worcester greenstar 28i junior combi fitted in my house, we were having a troublesome drip from the back right of boiler, we found a gas safe plumber who come round and had a good look, he told me the back right hand block was leaking and needed to be replaced, we accepted and he said he would come back when the part arrives.
So the plumber came and fitted the big part, we paid him and he left.
Our boiler is set to preheat, seems to fire up every 30 minutes, anyway the first day we thought it's very hot in the house, how can this be the heating has been off for months. We checked the heating was set to off and it was. Now we never had this problem before the fitted the new part.
We contacted him and after about a week he came back round to take a look, he took a look at this and that but nothing. Now I had Googled our problem and saw a great video on YouTube of the diverter valve going up and down, I showed the plumber and low and behold the valve goes all the way down but doesn't go completely up.
He turned the valve off to stop rads getting hot and said he would look into this, as the diverter valve all came attached to the new back right hand block.
So could I kindly ask you clever people could it be a faulty or stuck diverter valve and as the valve doesn't go all the way to the top could this what is sending hot water to the rads when the boiler fires up for preheat.
I would appreciate any help solving this, as we paid £400 and the leak is fixed but we have red hot rads when boiler fires up for preheat.
Many thanks

Worcester greenstar combi problem to read more on the original thread at Plumbing Advice

See also UK Plumbing Advice for all UK plumbing advice needs.

Reply to Worcester greenstar combi problem plumbing advice in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net