work in london | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss work in london in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

curl

Hi all, Im new to this so not 100% on just yet.. I live in belfast at the minute and can find no work (self employed) and the work there is, is offering ridiculous money ( 9, 10, 11 quid and hour) so I've booked a ticket to Gatwick to try and find work with a proper rate and plenty of hours... Has any one any ideas or advice for me....

Yes, save your money.
Getting decent work in London is no easier than anywhere else. if you are on a site, you'll probably be on JIB rates - around £16/hr, and living costs in London are far higher than anywhere else, so you'd be no better off if you are earning £10/hr at home.

unfortunately its a sign of the times! i live outside of belfast and work is pretty slack atm 2, last week i was undercut by someone doing full re-wire for £1100 for a 3bed house! ..... i dont kno how they cud possibly make money but id sooner sit in the house than work for nothing! people lik that r ruining the trade and its hard 2 explain 2 people that they cud not be wiring to an acceptable standard for that money never mind wiring to bs7671.

cheers for takin the time to reply fellas....... got some work in london organised for myself.. Was in london workin for a couple of weeks a few months ago so I contacted the guys workin there and they've told me theres a bit there until nov (Better than nothin, I cant even get a start at £10 an hour...) with a decent rate.... obviously not that naive, Ill believe when I see it... I'll keep you's informed if more men are needed, if you's are interested

Reply to work in london in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net