zone Valve Actuator | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss zone Valve Actuator in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

pritch

-
Reaction score
Hi chaps.
I've got no heating and after a bit of fault finding, I've found there's no switch feed coming from the actuator which then fires the boiler.
The feed side to the actuator is present when you call for heat so couldn't this be linked to send the voltage to fire the boiler and by pass the actuator?
Am I missing something?:)

When calling for heat the brown is live, motor opens valve which closes the micro switch between grey and orange, when the call for heat is satisfied or turned off the valve spring returns to close the valve and opening the micro switch between grey and orange.

so if you bypassed the micro switch the boiler would keep flogging it's guts regardless off being satisfied or turned off as the grey is a permanent live (not a very clever idea).

what make is the valve?

Last edited:

Reply to zone Valve Actuator in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
When we went on holidays I would turn off the boiler at the FCU on return would turn it back on to find there was no supply it had blown the fuse...
Replies
Views
Thanks all for your comments, advice and suggestions. The following is probably pretty boring for most, and is simply a summary of how the job...
Replies
Views
People who claim to be plumbers... and tilers... New bath fitted and the drain is accessible from the side and there are isolating valves on the...
Replies
Views
Depends on whether the valve in question is a two wire or four wire version. If it's four wire (not including any earth wire), then normally the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There's a church in a town near me that has solved the heating problem for most days by building what is essentially a large timber and glass...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks