Currently reading:
3-phase Roller Shutter Door - Opinions please

Discuss 3-phase Roller Shutter Door - Opinions please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

benpdixon

Hi guys, recently been given a job to supply power to a 3-phase roller shutter motor in a warehouse. The cable path is to follow the a-frames of the roof on 50mm tray with girder clips (to span the warehouse) then tray along the wall to the motor.. must i use SWA? its a 75 metre run in total too, what allowances must be made for drop etc?

So your going to caddie clip a cable tray then tiewrap a cable to it ... Why not just caddie the cable direct and half the time and reduce the cost.
Yes SWA probably best solution.
Ensure that in the event of a fire the tiewraps melting wont make the cable a hazard to anyone escaping or to the fire services ...if it goes over regular cross beams this should be good enough if not use steel tiewraps.

Get the details of the roller shutter where the control is ?, where you need to take the supply to and whether you need to provide your own means of local isolation or is it incorporated into the door?

just for starters.

As for the drop allowances ...you're on-site measure them how do we know the height etc again get details of the shutter electrical requirements to know where to take your cable and what side of door.

Last edited:
Hi guys, recently been given a job to supply power to a 3-phase roller shutter motor in a warehouse. The cable path is to follow the a-frames of the roof on 50mm tray with girder clips (to span the warehouse) then tray along the wall to the motor.. must i use SWA? its a 75 metre run in total too, what allowances must be made for drop etc?
Get a sparks in.

last one i did, the calcs. came up with 1.5mm, but farmer had a part roll of 2.5mm SWA so that's what went in. nicest bit was the plugs on the roller shutter were them with phase reversal pins, so if it went the wrong way it was just a screwdriver in the plug to switch 2 pins round

Just watch where they site the controller,on the farm I deal with they put them outside and then when one got water in it they said it was our fault,so I had to move them indoors and put remote switching on them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to 3-phase Roller Shutter Door - Opinions please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock