Currently reading:
Advice please regarding Electrics issues

Discuss Advice please regarding Electrics issues in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, looking for a bit of advice by those in the know.

Living in a rented property (sadly not cheap at all) and had so many issues within 4 months it's unbelievable.

Was just looking for a quick bit of advice in relation the pictures attached. Been advised by a friend in the building industry that the wiring in the pictures is not acceptable. He told me far too much of the I believe (my words not his) insulation / coloured wiring is exposed and that the fact that the outer sheathing has been cut so deep that the copper is exposed is also not correct.

For a brief overview I believe that this socket was installed by my LL's contractor who to date has been found at fault for 5 water leaks, 1 yet to be found, 1 gas leak and a ever growing list by the day.

My next question is I'm pretty sure this guy is unqualified in every field. Given the socket in question is new due to alterations to the properties original layout, should this have 1. been subject to building regs and 2. done by a qualified electrician.

Any help would be hugely helpful

Thank you

013.jpg
IMG-20221103-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20221103-WA0005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to google what a consumer unit is, complete novice here.

Can try and get a better picture later my partners home and can assist, not much room between the hatch and Fridge Freezer and is difficult trying one handed whilst holding open the flap for the unit.

Apologies, I have no understanding of the RCD portion of your reply.

Attachments

• 20221115_142832.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 20221115_142837.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 23
  • 20221115_142854.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 25

Reply to Advice please regarding Electrics issues in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back