Discuss Caveat that this is from the Daily Fail... EV charger rage?! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
In fairness, dispite coming from the daily fail, this is entirely believable AND predictable....

Regardless of the source, it's clear that the grid cannot cope. EVs are fine for some, but as i said many times here, I will stick with my diesel car for as long as possible, and indeed I am currently looking at replacing it with a newer model. Apart from the lack of charging facilities and the inability of the grid to cope if everyone switched, how is the Government going to recoup the road tax and fuel tax and VAT they currently get if EVs become more common? Perhaps they will have to impose taxes on electricity supplies for car chargers?

In fairness, dispite coming from the daily fail, this is entirely believable AND predictable....

Was mentioned in a few news outlets today and definitely believable. I can just imagine loads of people being surprised that others might also want to avail of the same facility and quite a few who believe their day is vastly more important than that of anyone else.

I can just imagine loads of people being surprised that others might also want to avail of the same facility and quite a few who believe their day is vastly more important than that of anyone else.
You are not talking about middle aged women in their SUVs are you?!

It's one of those things where people just need to be patient. We obviously can't be in a situation where overnight there are suddenly enough chargers. How did people manage when we changed from steam to petrol for flips sake - they probably just got on with it to be honest.

As time goes on there will be more and more charge points. Loads of public car parks have them, as do supermarkets, places of work etc. Many people are charging at home and most day to day trips won't even need a charge at a service station.

But people do like to moan these days. Social media doesn't help. I've almost done an entire year without looking at Facebook, and I can honestly say I feel better for it.

I don't "do" Facebook or Twitter or whatever it's called now, never have and never will...so why do i feel so sh*t?

Reply to Caveat that this is from the Daily Fail... EV charger rage?! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock