Discuss Converting a regular light fitting to an emergency fitting? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

harmonica

I have a light fitting with 2 x 70w T8 tubes in it. The ballast is a regular tridonic ballast for these lamps like this one Tridonic T8 Pro High Frequency Ballast 2 x 70w.

How do I convert this fitting into an emergency fitting? Would I be able to do this with the above ballast and wire in a battery pack or would I need to change my ballast also so that the battery pack will work? Thanks

just replace the fitting with a bona fide EM. give it a permanent l through a keyswitch. no point in bodging for EMs. they;re life-saving so must be done right in accordance with BS5266.

Ok cheers fellas. You're all right, the best way would be to get a proper emergency fitting and that's probably what I'll do, but just out of interest though, could it actually be done without changing the actual original ballast? Could you wire in the inverter/battery pack with a permanent live and do it that way? It's not practical or wise but is it possible?

Reply to Converting a regular light fitting to an emergency fitting? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Guys I've fitted a few emergency lighting circuits to both domestic and commercial installs before, I've come across one I can't get my head...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Been asked to fit 2 lights and a switch, which in reality turned out to be rewiring a multiple PIR setup to a single switch, adding...
Replies
Views
I've been asked by a client to 'mask off' the green LED charging indictor lamps within several emergency lights fitted within bedrooms on a...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm in need of some advice. First of all i'm not an electrician but do have an understanding of electrics as i come from an electronics...
Replies
Views
Hello Forum! The building I maintain has some fluoro fixtures with battery backup ballasts. There is a 3-way switch at each end of the hallway...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back