Search the forum,

Discuss Device attached to Grid Pylon in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys, a couple of questions; 1. What is the cylindrical device attached to one of the pylon conductors, it appears to have a cable coming out of each side which is twisted around the HV conductor? 2. What is the silver rod running up the side of the pylon structure? Pictures attached.

Regards, Charles

Attachments

• IMG_5309 small.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5313 small.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5314 small.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5315 small.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 73
Looks like one of these:

It does indeed.

Reply to Device attached to Grid Pylon in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello ! I am building for some time a cct to drive a 3digit multiplexed LCD. (from aliexpress) From the sellers on aliexpress I managed to find...
Replies
Views
Sorry if these questions are dumb, but I thought I'd ask you guys as I'm brand new to this field. I was watching this video from John Ward and had...
Replies
Views
Before I pay an electrician to come check my work, I thought it worth a post here. I don't want to pay the cost of a small car for a whole-house...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have recently encountered that my circuit breaker for the upstairs lights keeps tripping. I flick it back on and immediately it trips...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just a quick one to ask about an issue I'm having with my EV charger. I'll give a little background first but ultimately I want to know if...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back