Currently reading:
Electrical terms

Discuss Electrical terms in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys trying to figure out what certain terms mean in electrical and possibly get examples so I can remember and won't forget. Thanks

Touch voltage
Potential
Selv
Pelv
Class 1 appliance
Class 2 appliance

To be honest, you would be as well off doing some research on the internet. You will easily find the info you need.

As a starter, a class I appliance relies on an earth connection for safety whereas a class II device relies on double insulation (or reinforced insulation of equivalent safety) and does not have an earth connection. A class II appliance does not necessarily have a plastic case though.

...so I can remember and won't forget.
I don't wish to lecture you on how to study... but for me, and everyone is different, the method that I'd use to maximise my chances of remembering things... is to do my own research and make my own notes. Just being told something, then rote learning it, simply doesn't work for me.

If I could remember just half of everything that I'd every read... I'd be a genius !!

Reply to Electrical terms in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back