Currently reading:
fridge not cooling

Discuss fridge not cooling in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

parabatix

DIY
Reaction score
Hi. I have TEFCOLD 1380 that isn't cooling. The condenser is running ok but because I think it's variable speed, it doesn't have a relay I can check? Could it be thermostat? Thanks

Hi. I have TEFCOLD 1380 that isn't cooling. The condenser is running ok but because I think it's variable speed, it doesn't have a relay I can check? Could it be thermostat? Thanks
You mean compressor? are the fins clean and unblocked at the rear of the fridge, is the cooling compartment iced up?

Sorry, yes the compressor. I've cleaned everything out and no, icing up?
You have either lost all the refrigerant charge or the Compressor has gone US time toi get a fridge mech in to have a look and carry out some tests, not something a DIY person can do.

One other possibility is an airlock in the cooling circuit, but only if the fridge has been moved and turned on its side. Otherwise, as said above, if the compressor's running and it's not cooling, then it has probably leaked.

One other possibility is an airlock in the cooling circuit, but only if the fridge has been moved and turned on its side. Otherwise, as said above, if the compressor's running and it's not cooling, then it has probably leaked.
If air has gotten into the fridge system ,then you deffo have a leak, as the refrigeration system is sealed, a leak would eventually cause a complete loss of refrigerant.

Reply to fridge not cooling in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock