Search the forum,

Discuss Garden Pond Electrics. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Back to this topic again

here are photos of the area.

difficult to get enough depth for buried cable due to knowing where drains are, when putting in the greenhouse, drain for corner of house just under surface of soil.
Have two main drain access panels at far end of greenhouse(end away from pond end) don't know where these go as in regard as layout to houses.
I was think of running armoured down the wall from loft area behind drainpipe down under small area from house to fenceline then back up on surface behind fenceposts and under the greenhouse base into the greenhouse into weatherproof garage unit feeding pond and greenhouse.
Some peeps say earthrod the garage consumer unit, others say no, no extreneous pipe work entering greenhouse,but is it the done thing to earth the greenhouse frame. Don't want to go the earthrod route as drains are the issue.
As usual advice is greatly recievied, just lack of experience in the phsyical layout of these problems.

Red line indicates armoured route.
Black line indicates suspected drain routes.

Cant seem to get any photos uploaded!!

Last edited:
I dont want to dampen your spirits, but if you are an Electrician (i am not implying that your aren't) you should have the OSG, this will tell you all you need to know about burying cables, depths, marker tape and so on. Even if your OSG is not the latest edition, nothing has changed when it comes to burying cables.

Cheers..........Howard

I am fairly new one still gaining expereience, and yes I do know about cable burying, only in this case, the ground is hard and very stony, builders rubble is incovered every where, the pond was a nightmare to dig out, just asking advice as to what others would do in a situation like this. I know I could clip it direct to a wall, but the only wall avialable is not suitable, would then have to remove paving to get cabling across, can't clip it to fence. so not sure what to do, Will have a go at digging, but it will be a struggle.

Sorry, but you have confused me now. You want power to a greenhouse from a garage but you don't know if the garage earthing should be extended from the house or made into its own TT?

Reply to Garden Pond Electrics. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net