Currently reading:
Gas Safe Register sponsor UKPlumbersForums.co.uk

Discuss Gas Safe Register sponsor UKPlumbersForums.co.uk in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
Gas Safe Register are now sponsoring UKPlumbersForums.co.uk, the UK's biggest dedicated plumbing forum.

:)

Gas Safe Register are hardly a scammer! It's the old CORGI. And like with the electrical industry, because it's so dangerous to carry out works incorrectly, it is fair to say it DOES need to be regulated to ensure your average Joe isn't carrying out the work.

A couple of houses have recently blown up due to Gas in one form or another and it only proves that something still could be improved with the trade.

Gas Safe Register are hardly a scammer! It's the old CORGI. And like with the electrical industry, because it's so dangerous to carry out works incorrectly, it is fair to say it DOES need to be regulated to ensure your average Joe isn't carrying out the work.

A couple of houses have recently blown up due to Gas in one form or another and it only proves that something still could be improved with the trade.

I know what it is .... I was Gas Safe Registered myself & CORGI Registered before that.

Almost every day, while driving about, I see illegal boiler flue installations installed by Gas Safe Registered installers which tells me that the scheme is like Part Pee ......... It aint working !!!

Hmmm...interesting, Geordie.
I always thought Gas Safe was a 'serious' (can't think of the right word) organisation.
I'm sure I've read on here that a lot of electricians want the electrical equivalent.

That's another myth exploded!

I've had it first hand from gas safe.

Next door had a boiler put in the new extension, flue brought out at chest level and onto step leading into the garden.

Going off building regs, this wasn't right, builder wasn't bothered so got onto Gas Safe to get it sorted.

Their reply was, you can't report this issue the person having the work done has too! In the end LABC had to get them to fit a plume management kit.

So yes, agree with Geordie

I think its good that a competent persons scheme (okay its the only gas one) is sponsoring the forum. You dont see any of the Electrical competent person schemes advertising, thats because all the money is in their back pockets.

A sponsor is a sponsor, it keeps this and other forums run by Dan FREE for us.

Hmmm...interesting, Geordie.
I always thought Gas Safe was a 'serious' (can't think of the right word) organisation.
I'm sure I've read on here that a lot of electricians want the electrical equivalent.

That's another myth exploded!

Well as far as I'm concerned, I paid almost £1k for my training & assessment to qualify me to work with gas. I have the certificate and photo I.D. card to prove my competence. This is valid for 5 years, after which I have to undergo training & assessment again to continue for the next 5 years - at a cost of whatever it is but likely to be in excess of £1k.

In my view, IF you've done the course & successfully passed the assessment, got the card to prove it, then THAT should be sufficient.

What is the difference between a customer asking to see a CORGI / Gas Safe Register card or asking to see the ACS card (which is the one that says you are competent)? All the CORGI / Gas safe card means is that someone from Gas Safe has seen your ACS card, put your name on a register, taken a sum of money from you & given you another plastic card, and THAT fee is to be paid again ever twelve months.

Dan it looks like your are going to have to drop your sponsor as people are not happy with it.

Geordie Spark you are not happy with Gas Safe so I assume you will be seriously considering your position with them!

Come on guys, I'm a member of a part P scheme, and from what I read on here a know I lack a lot of knowledge in the domestic and commercial electrical sectors but rightly or wrongly I would argue that the assessment that I have in a few months may make me think about how I am working and what I am doing.

Dan it looks like your are going to have to drop your sponsor as people are not happy with it.

Geordie Spark you are not happy with Gas Safe so I assume you will be seriously considering your position with them!

Come on guys, I'm a member of a part P scheme, and from what I read on here a know I lack a lot of knowledge in the domestic and commercial electrical sectors but rightly or wrongly I would argue that the assessment that I have in a few months may make me think about how I am working and what I am doing.

I already did ..... and now since I'm retired it doesn't matter anyway. :)

No "scheme" ? "scam" will EVER be able to make up for what is missing & what is REALLY needed ...... that is PROPER training which is ONLY available under a PROPER apprenticeship which includes day release at a Technical College. It's an old idea I know, but it's what we one had and it WORKED !!!!

Give people the correct training and a rigorous assessment at the end of it then LEAVE THEM ALONE to earn a living !!!

I, personally, would l agree, but aint gonna happen.......and you most off know it!!!! It makes me made I maybe only do 15 jobs a year under that guise. I am hoping the green deal might accelarate things but I doubt it.

Reply to Gas Safe Register sponsor UKPlumbersForums.co.uk in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock