Discuss Old Firebird 90 thermostat issue? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sorry wrong diagram attached there (that's the 1 channel version)

This is the correct new Diagram (R) and old (L)

Attachments

• 1713637167446.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
i was just about to post saying that was single channel programmer!!
I can't tell how you've wired it from the pic though!
They do seem to have equivalent terminal numbers, so if you just transferred the wires over it should be equivalent.

Try disconnecting the "central heating off" wire from terminal 2 and insulate it (eg Wago connector or choc block or similar) and tuck it out of the way. Just temporarily.
See if it makes any difference.

There's something weird about the wiring of your setup.
The "off" connections on a programmer are normally only used for Y plan systems.
Yours is an S plan, so I wouldn't expect either "CH off" or "HW off" terminals to be used.
In my experience the "CH off" terminal is never used in either of the above traditional schemes, so I don't know why you have a wire on it in the first place (or have any idea where it might go!)

Last edited:

Reply to Old Firebird 90 thermostat issue? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

My mother in law has a new bungalow (3 years old) with an electric only system. It's controlled using an SM1 controller which I've set to come on...
Replies
Views
I've always thought I was quite good a wiring heating systems, I can do Y plan, S plan, UFH set ups, "normal" thermal stores etc, you name it and...
Replies
Views
m having a bit of an issue that is proving difficult to resolve. For 2 years I have been having no problems with my setup. I have a 3 zone house...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon chaps, I have an Alpha E-Tec 33 combi boiler (with Google Nest 3rd Gen thermostat) that occasionally fails to put out hot water...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm in need of some advice. First of all i'm not an electrician but do have an understanding of electrics as i come from an electronics...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock