Discuss Pricing trunking rewire (spit) in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rocker

Hello folks, I haven't done a PVC trunking rewire (boo-hiss) since the old Local Authority days, but now I am being forced into doing one, and I just want to know how to price up the trunking on such a thing..... is there some formula for guesstimating or do you have to work it out inch by inch? I know it's only bloody trunking, but the stuff costs enough and this job is on a serious, serious budget.

And dont forget the cost of the bloody corner pieces etc, it soon adds up, and if you are like me i always cock it up and end up with too many internal or external corners.

Cheers..............Howard

I hate those corner bits, I only use outer corners, T pieces and end stops, I reckon if you scribe and mitre the rest it looks a better job.

mitres are easy. just get one of those adjustable tri-squares. looks better tah all those lumpy covers.

Exactly, I use a sliding bevel, just chuck it into the corner, then put it on your trunking and draw the line and hey presto, perfect angles all the time!

bends always seem to get used. try not too but...its time...thus money...As much as hate em you get a neat job with em...i mean there is only so neat you can go with trunking anyway.....Still depends where its routed . and i never met a customer who moaned about bends its used....have done some where after decoring you wouldnt even know it there just following lines of building where poss........Sticky back costs lot more i believe to. !

a bit of advice rocker. buy some plumbers PVC glue. Dontmuse the conduit glue, as its often too runny.
Where you install end caps, and bends ext, put a bit of glue on it, when jobs done, it stops them falling off. It also enables you to make end caps from bits of trunking lid too, if your stuck (it actually looks neat).
the above glueis also good for dado trunking, and anything else made from PVC.

Reply to Pricing trunking rewire (spit) in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net