Search the forum,

Discuss Rcbo keeps tripping in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if someone can help me.
I have an rcbo that keeps tripping but only when the fly earth and neutral lead on the bars it trips out.
Has this happened to anyone else.
I could just replace the rcbo as this could be faulty but don't want to do that if there could be another explanation.
Cheers in advance

Hi just wondering if someone can help me.
I have an rcbo that keeps tripping but only when the fly earth and neutral lead on the bars it trips out.
Has this happened to anyone else.
I could just replace the rcbo as this could be faulty but don't want to do that if there could be another explanation.
Cheers in advance

Am I reading this correctly in that you've energised the circuit with neutral and earth flyleads disconnected?

As with any circuit.... you don't take the neutral out and energise the circuit.... you've then got 230v looking for a return path....

Are you connecting it to the correct neutral bar? All depends on the type of board is gone in to... is this an old split board being added to? ...

photos are good.
So all the power is in and when I put the fly lead earth and neutral lead in it trips

Attachments

• IMG20240504150813.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 27
Can we see the rest of the board?

It looks to me like the board has been altered somewhat… ie so these first two slots are direct from mainswitch, the rest are through the rcd to the left….

Which means the neutral bar should be split…

well the OP has disappeared, never mind, a shame really, it would have been nice to see this thread to the end.

So all the power is in and when I put the fly lead earth and neutral lead in it trips
well then, must be a fault on the circuit, a faulty appliance if a power circuit or a faulty RCBO.

Reply to Rcbo keeps tripping in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net