Currently reading:
Shaver skt with double outlets

Discuss Shaver skt with double outlets in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can get a bathroom rated shaver socket with two 230v outlets (for 2 toothbrushes). Or alternatively smaller units?
Or would it be ok to use both 115V and 230V skts simultaneously with two toothbrushes?
They are such a lump arent they.. why can't they be smaller like the ones you get integrated with shaver lights?
I see Greenbrook do a single gang size so 2 of these might be ok.. they going inside a cupbd in a shower room.

Never seen one, it would have to contain two transformers. I guess there is little demand for them - realistically, do both toothbrushes need to be charged at the same time? As a last resort, install two singles side by side.

Yes I wondered about that. One might charge up twice as fast but don't think that would be an issue.
Might be worth checking if you can actually plug two in together, at the same time. I’m nearly sure you can’t as it’s either 230 or 110...I could be wrong here. Just some shaver sockets have a selector switch to go from 230/110...

Are these any good? They look nice and compact. Pack of two as well!
55349505-1236-48FF-9C8B-00B5F647BBCB.jpeg

On the subject of shaver sockets for use for charging toothbrushes... I noticed the spec for the Click Mode shaver socket says:

Shaver outlet is not continuously rated and therefore not suitable for use as a permanent charging outlet
That particular one is rated at 20VA. Given the weight of these things, I'm surprised they can't handle a continuous 0.17A (at 115V, or half that at 230V)

You could address this from another angle and buy a 110V electric toothbrush and then use both 230V and 110V sockets simultaneously - after checking the chargers together don't exceed the rated output of the socket
With shaver sockets that have two sockets (230 & 110v), the two outputs are mechanically latched so that you physically cannot have a plug in each output at the same time.

I had problems with some mk shaver sockets that were being used to charge toothbrushes. Transformers were overheating and causing the front plate to crack. MK have since updated, and newer versions have a symbol of toothbrush on, not the 'shavers only' wording. No issues with the upgraded ones, but definitely something to bear in mind.

Reply to Shaver skt with double outlets in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back