Discuss Teeside HNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi guys,

Thought i'd introduce myself as i'm also studying towards the HNC Electrical/Electronics through Teeside and found this thread to be very useful. Currently an avionics tech in the RAF and looking to improve my prospects in civvy street!

So far i'm finding it tough but enjoyable and rewarding, especially when i manage to get a decent result! So far i've completed the maths bridging course and started ENS in November. TMA1 and 2 are done and most of my way through TMA3. Just that damn potentiometer question left! If anyone can offer some words of advice it would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone requires help with the bridging course or the science modules i'd be more than happy to help.

Stand272

Hi, although i've finished now this forum can be really good. As an ex military guy I cant recommend doing this HNC enough, it will give you a massive leg up on your CV when you leave.

Hi,
Im studying the same HNC. Ive completed All the core modules (except the project) and PLC module. I am currently trying to complete Digital and Analogue devices and circuits, but am having trouble trying to simulate an Op Amp using SIMetrix. Has anyone got any experience of using this, who could guide me in the right direction.

hi has anyone done the annunciator for plc module,, i have done most of the logic just cant get the whole lot to reset unless i use the lamp test button to reset the whole lot.

So do any of you guy's currently working on your HNC course find the math easy or at a level you'd find on a C&G course??

Seeing as many of you on this thread needed to complete the math bridging course, i suspect the answer to be an emphatic ...NO!! lol!!

I didn't do myHNC with Teesside but did the same qualification with Gateshead college atnight classes, I barely scraped a C at GCSE so as you can guess Maths was nevermy strong point and I was worried about starting my HNC after only doing theC&G as opposed to the BTEC that I believe would have been a much betterqualification. However I found that even though it seems difficult at first it’sjust a matter of repetition till it clicks that the beauty about maths, I endedup finishing analytical methods with a distinction.

Reply to Teeside HNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net