Currently reading:
Tool Bag or Box

Discuss Tool Bag or Box in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,
I suppose there have been posts about this in the past, if so then please direct me to them. I am slowly building up my Makita cordless power tool range and am thinking of getting a bag or box to carry them around in. Could someone out there recommend a good quality item to get.
Thanks.

what bits are you going to carry in it?

the makita drill box starts to get heavy when you have
drill
impact driver
4 batteries
bits
hacksaw
set square
file
1/2 socket ratchet
extension bar and couple sockets in.

you can get loads in a makita drill box almost to the point where you dont want the box to be any heavier.

i wouldnt want to carry sds,jigsaw and circular etc in the same bag as all that

i have hand tools in the tool bag and the heavy kit in a wickes trolley on wheels.
(there is a drill, 2kg sds drill, sds chisels, couple of big sds bits, crowbar, hammer, grinder, multicutter, some holesaws, sometimes jigsaw)
its good 20 kilos but can roll it around from the van to the job and home at end of day. only downside - no fun when theres some stairs...

I use this box (23" version) for my general tool box and reckon the larger one would make a great battery tool box.

Stanley STA193935 Waterproof Toolbox 28in 193935

They are very tough with strong clasps and handle, it's at least IPX4 but maybe higher rated than that, best of all cheap as chips. They have them in most B&Qs if you wanted a look, but they will be cheaper online.

I like the Dewalt system with the trolley.
Great boxes

9bce2791b7bd77a3b46c98445ecb3d86.jpg

Reply to Tool Bag or Box in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock