Search the forum,

Discuss top hat pvc capping in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sarusystems

Hi working on a new village hall that was going to be plaster bord but now they have decided to use traditional cement render and plaster

Ok so do I chase out the whole width of the top hat capping at 13mm deep ad press it all in to the wall
over the cables before plastering and do I go through wall pillars or chase arrond the front
advice please

do I leave the capping exposed for the plasterer

as the roof is over 5.5 meters high

:confused:
Thanks

No need to chase capping in surely........it just sits on the blockwork and the render and subsequent plaster is enough to cover it all.

Or at least it always has done in my 14 years exp.:)

No need to chase capping in surely........it just sits on the blockwork and the render and subsequent plaster is enough to cover it all.

Or at least it always has done in my 14 years exp.:)

Yup

Just think oval is quicker and doesn't involve smashing fingers with hammers trying to drive capping nails in

i agree oval is the way forward, if they are using float and set may need to chase it in a bit, or dot and dab walls sod that just clip them like the other guys said :D

Reply to top hat pvc capping in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock