17 edition course | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss 17 edition course in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Nrgee

-
Reaction score
I am a time served electrician however I gained my City and Guilds qualifications in the early seventies based on the 13 edition regs. I am looking at getting back into electrical installation work mainly small domestic jobs. I am looking at 17 edition courses and came across ************ who offer 17 edition training online to prepare for the exam. Has any body used this type of course or is a college the best way to go.

Online is pointless for this I would have thought. I would just buy the book and read it myself, but the way you learn might be different from me and a college course might suit you. There are plenty of 3 day courses around generally set up in the Electrical Trainee training centres. If you wish to get the city and guilds qual I doubt anyone will just let you do the exam without the training but I could be wrong. Exam is just find the answers in the book.

Make sure you book the new C&G 2382-15 which will be covering the new Yellow BS7671. I believe you can still book the 2382-12 based on the Current green BS7671 until July 2015.

The new Yellow BS7671 is due out in january 2015 so would be a bit pointless booking the old one IMO.

Reply to 17 edition course in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net