17th edition course | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 17th edition course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello this is my first post. I have just finished 2330 L3, i am now looking to do my 17th edition. I was doing a quick google and came across a site called www.***********.co.uk they are doing the new 17th edition 2382-12. This is distance learning and it costs £129. what do you lot think? is it to good to be true or not?

Lester.

Depends on how good you are at distance learning dont it..lol...personally i get more out of being in a classroom when undertaking a short course like this......you get to ask the lecturer the questions that will give you a better understanding of it all......well i like to ask questions anyway.....make em work for their cash i do..lol.....:D

Upvote 0
Hi and welcome to the forum Lester,
I did my 17th edition a few years ago with a company called Delta (something) near Leyland, Lancashire
in that course, the got us to use post-it notes to create quick reference points in the regs.
and in the classroom setup they got us to find various regs
IMHO I would skip the on=line course and pay the extra money and do the classroom.

On my course there was me (20+ years experience of the industry), someone who does fire alarm emergency lighting works (only a few years experience of the industry) and someone who only has classroom experience of the industry

we all past

Richard

Upvote 0
I did my 17th edition a few years ago with a company called Delta (something) near Leyland, Lancashire

Thats who i did mine with as well, in 2008. They were based in Bamber Bridge, Preston, Lancs.

Id also opt for the classroom, you can learn lots from the others.

Upvote 0
I did it with them in the summer, did all the work online with a load of mock tests provided with the software. Sat the exam on a saturday morning at a place in Northampton, there must have been 10 -12 people doing exam and had the results by the time I got back to Leicester. Spoke to the bloke who ran it and he said he set it up so you don't have to lose 3 or 4 days in the week doing a course before sitting the exam. The online training package tells you where to place markers and what to highlight etc in your regs book. I found them very good and the price was excellent.

Upvote 0
Hello

Thanks for all the replies, I have just registered with e-qualify, my exam dateis on the 28/1/12 in Northampton. The online course material looks good, justwaiting for my new green regs book which should be with me tomorrow then I’m upand running.

Thanks
Lester.

Upvote 0
Hi, we offer the 17th edition full course, now to become 2382 -12, over 4 consecutive days for £195.50 here at the Energy Training Centre in Kingswinford West Midlands.
We find this to be a very competitive price compared to our competitors and we have very good pass rates. Anyone interested please see Business Skills. 17th Edition Electrical Course for further details

Upvote 0
hi guys can anyone help i need to know what kind of crimp tools and seals are
used by some electric utility companies and were to buy them. thanks.
you can't buy them. they are only issued to DNO employees.

Upvote 0

Reply to 17th edition course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net