17th or not? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 17th or not? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J.C.E

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi

I am likely to be getting made redunant in march 2014 as company has lost tender for a council contract.
i complete my nvq apprenticship this this company, so never really worried out this stuff before.

because I trained and done my 2330 level 2 and 3 and am2 and portfolio to 17th edition, does this mean I still NEED to do a 17th regs exam or not?

am awaiting results for my 2395 written exam (know this will be a great bonus if I passed this and hopfully put me above other younsters)

just not sure about 17th exam?

cheers fellas

The 17th Edition exam (2382) is a separate exam to your NVQ qualifications and tests your knowledge on the regs (or more so how to find what you need in the book). The exam is pretty straight forward though its 35 multiple choice questions and you can take the regs book in with you. However I would try and get your company to fund it soon if your worried about redundancies so it doesn't cost you later on.

The 17th Edition exam (2382) is a separate exam to your NVQ qualifications and tests your knowledge on the regs (or more so how to find what you need in the book). The exam is pretty straight forward though its 35 multiple choice questions and you can take the regs book in with you. However I would try and get your company to fund it soon if your worried about redundancies so it doesn't cost you later on.

60 questions, shaun, not 35.

Wasn't the 17th edition update 35 questions ?

Im sure that when the 17th came out you could do the update from 16th to 17th which was fewer questions as long as you had recently Done the 16th

if you had done the 16th ages ago you had to take the full 60 questions

The training provider you did the 2395 with should actually have suggested this for you.

None of the training you have done so far is the equivalent of a study and assessment on the wiring regulations.

You'll still be graded as an electrician ( gold card ) without the 17th edition. I didn't do it when I finished last year after my AM2 etc. just got my gold card. Save yourself a few £££££. Don't think you'll have much to worry about

Reply to 17th or not? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net