2.88kw system with 2.5kw inverter ? | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 2.88kw system with 2.5kw inverter ? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ah, Voltage optimizers, have been looking into these, there are various different one's on the market, some are better than others, however, you can not run PV back through them, PV has to be connected into the tails, after the meter and before the optimizer unit, so if over voltage from the grid is the problem an optimizer will not cure it.
As in most cases of overvoltage, it tends to be an install issue, not always though, granted.
I have my first voltage optimizer being installed this week, on a house that is a high energy user, so I will keep you all informed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would seem ok unless its on 1mm T&E!

Are you rural?

On the inverter you will be able to see max and min grid voltage - take a look would be good to know what the peak has been.

You're losing me a bit now guys (I'm no spark).
The inverter is in constant standby mode now (I take it due to the sun having almost set) and it wont let me access the menu to see the max/min voltages.

Sorry, we are a bit like that.
The mains voltage coming into your house should be somewhere between 216V-253V, the DNO (people that own the electric wires, poles etc) have to keep it somewhere between these figures, sometimes the voltage can be on the high side, if you live in a rural location for example, however, sometimes a PV system, can make your voltage a little high.
On the inverter menu, there should be a menu for incoming supply, which should give a reading of around 220-240v AC,(between the figures above), and it may also store the history.
If the incoming supply goes to high for the inverter to cope, it shuts down to protect itself.
As someone explained about 1mm cable, if the install is not quite correct, this can also send your voltage up.
Me thinks you need an electrician who understands PV or the installer to pop back and have a look for you.
I hope this helps.

Cheers (I can follow that).
I'd say we were semi-rural, not quite in the sticks but not in a big town or city.
A large village you could say.
The last status code was 306 which means its gone to sleep for the night according to the manual.
I'll check the voltage tomorrow when the inverter's running again

Hi
Sorry to hijack your thread but I have a similar problem. A friend of mine has a 4kw system, but with a 3kw inverter. The inverter in question is an Enasolar. There are 16 245w panels on the roof facing 170degrees with no shading issues on a bungalow roof in Kent. He was assured that the Inverter could handle anything from 2 - 5kw.??
Has anyone had any experience with these Enasolar inverters.

Just had a look at the spec, even though it should be able to cope, in my opinion it is a little small for that particular installation, a 3.6 would be more suitable, but Enasolar anly make a 3800, which is over 16A and therefore would make things a little more complex to install, so a different make would have been required, like SMA or fronius.
However this may not be the reason for inverter shutting down.
I hope this helps.

Full sun all day today. :teeth_smile:
Generated 10kwh and a peak output of 2.68kw so pretty pleased with that considering its only start of March.
Regarding the status codes (308) was getting on the inverter yesterday, the max mains voltage has been 253v and min 239v since the system was installed. It was between 240v & 248v today.
Been at work so don't know if there were any status codes today.

Reply to 2.88kw system with 2.5kw inverter ? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net