2.88kw system with 2.5kw inverter ? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 2.88kw system with 2.5kw inverter ? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I possibly wouldn't have paid for my extended guarantee but it was added as an extra to convince me to go with the company I did.
20 year piece of mind was a good addition for me as I feel there's a good chance the inverter will fail during that time.

there have been some offers on warranties from manufacturers so that may be why your installer chucked it in. With the offers it was more atractive.

Perhaps an under-sized inverter is more like to fail due to being max-ed out more often? Also, if it's in a hot loft, its lifespan could be shortened.

It really comes down to the customer. Some would like the peace-of-mind and go for it. Others would take the basic 5 years and hope for the best.

Our inverter just rebooted and had state code 308 on the display panel which the manual says means the circuit voltage was too high.
Its now running fine.
First time I've noticed it do this.
Is it just something that happens from time to time or should I contact the installer ?

Very changeable.
Clear sky, bright sun one minute and getting 2kw, thick cloud the next and down to 200 watts.
It just restarted again with same status code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading your OP, its seems like you have a IG Plus as ordered becuase the IG30 doesnt have a fault code 308. As Babba says its grid voltage.

How far is the inverter from the fuse board?

Reading your OP, its seems like you have a IG Plus as ordered becuase the IG30 doesnt have a fault code 308. As Babba says its grid voltage.

Thats what I was begging to think too.
The manual we were given was for the TL models so I downloaded the IG and the Plus manuals and only the Plus manual mentions code 308.
But the Plus manual shows menu options our inverter doesn't have such as "yield".
Confused !!!???

Poss - my next thoughts were AC radial to small for cable run. But without knowing a little more it would be hard to say.

Not too sure about Vphase units, not had much experience of them. Have you?

only started to install Vphase but looking at it I think it would, not to familiar with IG 30 but we had a similar problem with a 4000 tl sma, took it out put in a power one and no problems.

Reply to 2.88kw system with 2.5kw inverter ? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net