2 sub mains from 1 meter | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 2 sub mains from 1 meter in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have a customer with a standard meter box surface mounted. they have incoming fuse to a new smart meter, then tails to a fused isolator with 16mm T&E going to consumer unit a few meters away. I've added a 10mm SWA from there to large garage. Also installed new 16mm SWA in order to replace the existing T&E. I've got the problem of fitting 2 metal clad fused isolators in the meter box. They have to be the large metal clad enclosures because of terminating the SWA. Anyone had a similar situ and can suggest a solution?

They are prepared to have a second electric meter box next to the existing but I'd have the problem of getting tails between the 2 boxes and keeping the weatherproofing.

Any ideas?
Thanks. (I might be missing something really obvious :)

Consumer's equipment isn't actually allowed in the DNO's meter box, although in practice they don't complain as long as you leave enough clear space for anything they might fit.
Second meter box needed for your s/fuses, with the tails exiting the bottom of the first box, and entering the bottom of the second box.

Reply to 2 sub mains from 1 meter in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
If it's buried ducting, have you thought about digging up a section of the buried cable close by, cutting it and pulling in a few extra meters...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yeh that’s my thinking. I have to supply the box so can order a bigger 3 phase option to give myself a bit more room
Replies
Views
  • Question
Normally you'd install either a fuse-switch or a switchfuse at the incoming supply position rather than a DB, this gives you some hope of...
Replies
Views
davesparks
D
Yes the first bit is just standard wiring, TNS lead cable into cut-out, cut-out to meter, meter to DP isolator, top of isolator is sealed as per...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This charger doesn't support rear entry from the looks, only bottom entry, hence that. Unless they make a white sheathed SWA, I would still need...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks