Swa as main earth ?!? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Swa as main earth ?!? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If it becomes TT the distribution cpc is not relevant.
This was why I was thinking TT
This is what Ive got supply end straight into the swa. Earth is 16mm
View attachment 118019
[ElectriciansForums.net] Swa as main earth ?!?

Judging by the supply cable I doubt your main protective bonds need to be above 10.0 and if that cable is 120.0 it's armour will support 10.0.

If it becomes TT the distribution cpc is not relevant.
Obviously it's electrically irrelevant and I'm not trying to pick an argument that flies in the face of common sense....

Thing is, I've never found anything in the regs to specifically say how to size bonding in a separate building that becomes TT at point of entry.
541.1.1 seems to make no distinction for TT, just PME or non-PME, and the line about separate buildings.
Is there another section somewhere that is relevant ? Or is it just one for common sense?
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Swa as main earth ?!? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

yes it was a pee-take... I was commenting if someone was dumb enough to use earth clamps on armour, they might just be dumb enough to earth a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'm assuming the cable will have to be cleated well to hold it in place anyway, as a stuffing gland ain't going to hold it tight like a SWA gland...
Replies
Views
  • Question
All the lamp post cutouts I've ever seen have a twin swa gland plate built in to the base.
Replies
Views
loz2754
L
  • Question
Any metalwork connected to the MET could rise in voltage compared to true earth under an open supply neutral fault (on TN-C-S), and that would...
Replies
Views
I assume said contractor is part of a Part P scheme (NICEIC, Napit, few others..) in which case complain to them. They'll investigate (in theory)...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks