2 way 2 gang dimmer | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss 2 way 2 gang dimmer in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

nado90

DIY
Reaction score
Hello,
I’m trying to change my 2 way standard on/off buttons for a 2 way 2 gang dimmer. The old cables are making me wonder where I should put in the new dimmer.
In the old 2 way standard on/off the live (red) goes into A 1 way and at the same time into B COM. The blue goes into A COM and the yellow I’m not too sure (the location is faded).

My new dimmer has ONE L and 2 squiggly line 1 and 2 squiggly line 2.

I tried putting Red into L and blue into squiggly line 1 and yellow into squiggly line 2. But when I turned off ONE dimmer one light turned off and another one.

Help???

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] 2 way 2 gang dimmer
    18233BEB-9749-4F56-BD72-A91394DCDEE3.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 32
  • [ElectriciansForums.net] 2 way 2 gang dimmer
    image.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 32
Use both the squiggly 1 terminals for each of the yellow and blue.
The wiring doesn't look two-way switched.

Use both the squiggly 1 terminals for each of the yellow and blue.

Hey westward10,
Thank you for the reply.
I only have one of blue and one of yellow. These are for 2 separate lights in the same room.
Thank you

It is an odd switch is there only one L terminal.

It is an odd switch is there only one L terminal.

Do you think I should return it and find another? But my only concern is since I have only one blue and one yellow cable, won’t this be the same situation if I have 2 live?

Your old switch appears to have live in (red) which then linked across to the other switch. Yellow and blue were the outgoing lives to the lights. Does the new switch have instructions because I find just one L terminal odd assuming it isn't a smart switch.

Quick Google turns up this:

I suggest, as I think @westward10 was saying, Red into L, yellow into sqiggle 1 left, blue into squiggle 1 right.

I don’t know how to thank you for your help!!!

I tried this and this has worked perfectly!!!

You guys are the best!!!

Quick Google turns up this:

I suggest, as I think @westward10 was saying, Red into L, yellow into sqiggle 1 left, blue into squiggle 1 right.

Reply to 2 way 2 gang dimmer in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net