2 zone Fire alarm panel | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 2 zone Fire alarm panel in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Just wanted some advice about fire alarm panels. Am I right in thinking sounder circuits must be independent, where as break glass and detection units are wired tOgether. Can they be wired as radials in 2 core t/e in fire rated cable for each zone back to the fire panel, with the main supply as being in fire rated cable. I am just trying to gain some knowledge and understanding. Any thoughts will be appreciated

souds right to me. each zone/sounder cct. is a separate radial , no spurs allowed. eol device on last detector/sounder.

Thanks For that, what I am not sure about is that in a flat I link fire Alarms with a 3 core. On a fire panel can you just wire 2c + e as everything is linked at the panel
seewhat you mean. domestic interlinked smoke alarms are 3 core. 2 cores to supply and 1 core to signal the other/s to sound off. with a fire alarm system, the signalling to the sounders is done by the panel.

Reply to 2 zone Fire alarm panel in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

The previous bell box worked fine. I think it was just lacking the added security of anti tamper. Can this one be wired the same?
Replies
Views
  • Question
If the wiring can't be corrected , the best solution is to get a cheap 1 loop addressable fire alarm panel and create a loop and install isolators...
Replies
Views
Thanks all for your comments, advice and suggestions. The following is probably pretty boring for most, and is simply a summary of how the job...
Replies
Views
  • Question
For a number of reasons I'd suggest you get some outside help. You need the fire risk assessment, you need to know the loop current limit and how...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've looked at the fire assessment from the last HMO I did for the same landlord and fire assessor, the risk assessment is pretty worthless, it's...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks