Attic light off fire alarm? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Attic light off fire alarm? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I suppose the really big question is how much do you cherish your life to place your personal safety in the hands of Google or one of their devices
Personally I don't even trust them to do an internet search with all their pay per click and dodgy optimisation

They're multi-sensor by default. When you tell one that it's in a kitchen it will use a different algorithm than if you tell it it's in a lounge or a garage. They also have CO detection built-in by default, too.

There's a lot of myths about them simply because a lot of people don't actually understand them and expect them to be the same and behave the same as every other detection system.
When you say different algorithm in a kitchen do you mean they switch from heat+smoke to heat only or something in between

It seems a little unsatisfactory if the householder can change settings on fire alarms

I suppose the really big question is how much do you cherish your life to place your personal safety in the hands of Google or one of their devices
Personally I don't even trust them to do an internet search with all their pay per click and dodgy optimisation
The core tech was never Google. The core technology was Nest, and it’s sound. They got bought up by Google looking for a way in to the home tech market.

Reply to Attic light off fire alarm? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net