2024 TV and Movies Thread | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 2024 TV and Movies Thread in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
V.Nearly Esteemed
Solutions
Reaction score
Alright I can't find the other one. So made a new one.

Been watching 3 body problem on netflix and its right up my street. Fictional space related thing.

I'm half way through and it's mint. No spoilers please (at a guess, everybody dies lol).

Any other suggestions?

I loved Artful Dodger on Disney+ Is about the Artful Dodger but he's grown up and living in Australia and is a surgeon! Fagin arrives, and scheming and stuff ensues. The acting was brilliant in it. It is an 8 part series.

Just found this thread while looking for the specific tv section (question about firestick)

My recent viewing has been….

Star Trek discovery on paramount plus. Was the final episode of the final series… and wrapped up a lot of loose ends.
I don’t get the hate that this programme gets from some online sources.
It’s a different time to be creating tv content… like tng, ds9 and voyager in the 90’s were different the the original 60’s…. These new shows, discovery, Picard, strange new worlds… are going to be different again.

The cartoons, I haven’t watched.

Doctor who.

It’s getting a bit tiresome that the companions turn out to be just as magical as the doctor himself… (if rumours about Ruby are to be believed)
Rose, Cpt Jack, Amy, Clara, Bill…. Even Donna Noble was a chosen target by a giant spider woman from her first appearance…
We’ve now got a “retired” tennant doctor lodging with the Nobles while the new one gets all the fun.

It’s a short season of only 8 episodes, so coming to an end already… Still need to see if there’s another Toymaker/ Maestro type character… the mystery of rubys mum…. The neighbour mrs flood, who initially didnt recognise the TARDIS, but suddenly changed by the end of the episode.
Flood…. River….. Pond?…. Hmmm

And what is up with the actress who has appeared as a different unconnected character in each episode and the introduction of a scientist S. Triad ….. oh look, an anagram of Tardis…

BGT final tomorrow.

Forgot about this thread. Hopefully I can add some more tv reviews.

Tonight has been the first episode of BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing… The 20th season.
First episode is always when the celebrity’s meet their professional dancers.

This years collection of “who the heck are they” include Nick Knowles, Toyah Wilcox, some bloke from Eastenders and completely blind stand up comedian, Chris McCausland

Yes… completely blind.

A couple of years ago, they had a deaf actress compete, who eventually won the show… and part of one of dances included cutting the music off, so that the audience could experience the dance the same way she does…

They will be trying the same this year with the blind comedian by turning off all the lights

🤨🤪😎

We have watched this from the start but I'm not sure if we will watch this series. The cheering and whooping from the "celebrities" and pro dancers is totally over the top, Tess's false laughing is tedious and Claudia's humour has worn thin. The BBC's need to tick boxes with same sex dance partners I find distasteful and I'm not alone in that, most of my family members no longer watch it because of this.
About a month ago BBC4 showed the very first programme which you can probably still stream and to say it was sedate is an understatement Tess looked like a terrified teen.

i agree about the box ticking exercise.....

My mother in law has watched it since the beginning... big fan of Brucie of course...
And although she likes individual celebrities and dancers.... she would purposefully change channel when same sex couples came on... just for the few minutes of the dancing.... then go back to it....

The entire premise of most tv shows now is to tick a minority box.... or to shock so far things become unwatchable....
I watched The Word, and Chris Evans TFI Friday back in the day... I know what shock value is... but now you've got naked dating, naked survival shows.... next it'll be naked DIY, or The Great British Nake' Off....

next it'll be naked DIY

Maybe ' naked electrician '...
See who from the forum would volunteer for that ... 😂

I was not impressed with the last season of Dr Who.. And I'm usually a good fan.

Too many unanswered questions with the new Dr Who....

Like how did itsy btsy teeny weeny turn up on an alien world with man eating slugs and a social media problem.

Or, since Nicola Coughlan is going to be in this years christmas special... Ruby knows what Bridgerton is.......
Maybe Eastenders exists in the Dr Who world as well, and she'll realise she lives next door to Angie Watts...

Its been Disneyfied.... For better or for worse.

Might take Disney plus again... i think they've got a £2.00 a month special coming

Reply to 2024 TV and Movies Thread in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net