230v Supply to DIN RAIL PSU in 19" Rack | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 230v Supply to DIN RAIL PSU in 19" Rack in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gccs

Hi guys,
First time posting, so please bare with and thanks in advance for any help.

Working on a project (install in a couple of months) and the 'kit' I'm installing is a mix for DIN rail control equipment and AV kit. Usually no issue, AV Kit in a rack, DIN rail controllers, PSU's etc in the board.
Just been told that we're unable to install anything in to the main or sub DB's and all our DIN rail kit needs to go in our rack.

No worries, so I've included to install some rack mount DIN rail enclosures in the rack.

The main sparks on-site are only providing 1 double 13amp socket by the rack. I've got a PDU going in the rack to power up the AV kit. The DIN rail kit is 24vDC, and we have DIN rail psu's to power them up. So my question is this, so we....

1. Go from a plug (with a sitable fuse) either from the PDU or wall socket, to the bare wire straight into the PSU?
or
2. Go from a plug, to an MCB, then to the PSU? (other benefit here is it would allow us to isolate the PSU without getting to the PDU)

Which method would be allowed? ( I think both are fine, but coud be wrong)
Which would be the best?

Many thanks

Reply to 230v Supply to DIN RAIL PSU in 19" Rack in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Richard, thanks for your comment. The relay is rated 12A peak. It's also worth noting that a relay contact will perform differently depending...
    • Winner
Replies
Views
  • Question
That SPD kit looks like it is intended for use with a standard Acti9 board, it's got the neutral link to go onto the busbar stack etc. You...
Replies
Views
davesparks
D
  • Question
Anywhere where the normal lights are dimmed or dimmable the emergency lighting should be of the maintained type. So maintained emergency lighting...
Replies
Views
davesparks
D
  • Question
My thoughts exactly! Snowed under with work at the moment, so might have to pass it on 😬😬
Replies
Views
This is dependent on the Ring model. Some are 24VDC.
Replies
Views
loz2754
L

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks